Pregnancy is the happiest time for a woman, but it often comes with lots of pain and other stressful problems. Back pain is the most common problem that women face. Physiotherapy Richmond Hill is one of the most renowned physiotherapy clinics that can help women eliminate the painful back pain during pregnancy.
What is the reason for the back pain?
Well, there can be many reasons for back pain during pregnancy. Here are a few of them:
- Weight gain: During pregnancy, women tend to gain a lot of weight, which puts pressure on the back spine, causing lower back pain.
- Posture changes Pregnancy shifts the center of gravity, and without being aware, we change our posture, and it creates stress on the spine, which is another cause of the back pain.
- Hormonal changes: Pregnancy produces a relaxation hormone that allows the pelvic area and the ligaments in the pelvic region to relax. The body is being prepared to give birth. This may be another reason for back pain.
- Muscle separation: During pregnancy, the uterus expands. Two sheets of muscles run from the rib cage to the pubic bone, and it separates along the center seam, which may be another reason for extreme back pain during pregnancy.
- Stress: Women stress during their pregnancy, which causes muscle pain, which causes another cause of back pain.
Tips to get relief from back pain during your pregnancy
- Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy helps to strengthen muscles and improve their flexibility. However, don’t go for a healthy practice. Instead, go for regular swimming, cycling, or walking. Always consult your doctor before you perform any physical activity.
- Improve your posture: During pregnancy, the center of gravity automatically shifts, and women tend to lean towards the back, which causes back pain. Therefore practice good posture like standing and walking straight.
- Proper sleeping position: Your sleeping position also contributes to your back pain. The best way to sleep during pregnancy is on your side rather than on your back. You support pillows under your abdomen and behind your back to get a better comfortable position.
- Heat and cold massage: Heat or cold massage on your back will help to relieve the back pain to some extent. Wrap the ice in a towel and try to put it on your back for at least 10 to 20 minutes, and after 2-3 days, repeat the same thing with a hot bag. It will help to relieve the pain and get you some comfort.
- Complementary therapies: Several complementary therapies like physiotherapy treatment, acupuncture helps to relieve the back pain and provide some comfort to women. Whatever you do, don’t forget to consult your doctor before going for any therapies.
If you are suffering from severe back pain, consult your doctor, and take the necessary steps to comfort. Remember, back pain during pregnancy may be a sign of premature labor for any other kind of disease, so never take it lightly.
Visit https://awesomephysiotherapy.com/richmond-hill-physiotherapy/ today and book your consultation with the best physiotherapist.
Name: Awesome Physiotherapy Of Richmond Hill
Address: 10350 Yonge St Suite 300 Richmond Hill ON L4C 5K9
Phone: (905) 883-4081
3 Social Media URLs: